Introduction of the Scheme:
Government of Telanagana had entered in to a MOU with ISRO for establishing multi channel Satellite network and using the KU-Band for promoting the use of Information Technology for the overall development of the state. It has been designated as MANA TV.
The Information Technology & Communications Department of the State Government has constituted to undertake educational programmes production and Telecasting of Video lessons on behalf of all the wings of Education.
In the Commissionerate of Collegiate Education a separate wing called Mana TV Cell is established to administer the programmes of the Mana TV, content generation, correspondence and finance management of the budget allotted etc.
Importance of Mana TV:
- Covers 90% of colleges & can communicate(1 way video and 2 way audio)
- Provides uniform teaching, one individual teacher�s expertise can be viewed and shared by all colleges
- Gives scope to improve the skills of teachers by observing other expert teachers
- Provides opportunity to teach with visuals and animations
- A platform to explore the potentials of the teachers and students too
The college with the motto 'Enter to learn - learn to live' has its goals as:
- To impart and disseminate knowledge to students hailing from backward, rural and semi-urban areas.
- To offer modern education to suit the changing needs of the society.
- To provide uniform teaching to all the students
- To provide access for students to interact with subject experts.
- To motivate the students to participate in curricular, co-curricular and extra-curricular activities with zeal and enthusiasm.
- To train the students in Job oriented programmes through Certificate courses.
- To conduct Special live programmes and teleconferences with experts.
- To promote social consciousness among students and encourage them to contribute their might to the society.